I promise I’m not taking the easy way out by posting my newly updated About Page ;), but I wanted to post a little more about why I’m blogging here and what to expect! I’m working on some posts and excited to share them with y’all soon! Until then, here’s a little more behind the scenes!
Hello! I’m so glad you found my little space on the web! There’s lots more I can say about me, but how about I mix things up and give you reasons why I started this blog instead? (I confess, I already have another About Me page up, so feel free to check it out here!)
1. I blame Birchbox: I’ve always been that child. The one who loved getting packages in the mail. So the idea of getting all kinds of fun beauty products in the mail every month for really cheap??? Y’all. How could a girl resist?
2. I blame Ispy: This is the same idea as Birchbox, but has more make up vibe. Y’all. Once again, I must ask: How can a girl resist?
3. My 20s are no more – I’ve accepted the fact that I’m not an elf from Middle Earth, so I don’t have perfect never aging skin. Whatevs. Plus when you cross the 20+10 threshold, suddenly your body ain’t what it used to be. You start looking at eye creams, any lotion or soap no longer cuts it (unless you don’t mind dry/all-over the place skin) and those extra pounds that make your pants a little snug? They’re like the party guest who won’t leave.
4. I love Jesus. Is this just a random fact I felt I needed to throw out there? No, no. But being a woman who loves the Lord in today’s western culture is different from my mama’s days and I wanted a place to talk about that.
5. Mary Kay. Once I thought it was only “old” make up. But it’s not and some of their products are amazing! I even signed up as a consultant just so I could get the discount.
7. I’m a writer. This is different from my comfort zone (I’ve always loved reading and photography, so my other blog is as natural as eating for me). But I do like this topic and writing about it will keep me on my creative toes, pushing myself and keeping out of that box o’ average.
8. For humor’s sake. I didn’t gain fashion sense until about the age of 27 (I jest not world wide web). So the fact that I’m writing about such things is hilarious in itself. But I do think this shall be lots of fun!
Oh and the title? A play on Proverbs 31:25: “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”
To kick things off, I’ll be posting on Wednesdays and every other Friday (I know, strange schedule, but I don’t want to burn myself out!). If you want to shoot me an email, you can find me at shelaughswithdignity (at) gmail.com. I love suggestions, comments and ideas!
If you like books and beverages, then feel free to check out my other blog at booksandbeverages.org! Love Pinterest? Let’s connect!