Welcome to another edition of Friday Face Off! It’s a simple post comparing two products, some pros and cons and of course who wins! Hope you enjoy them and I’d love your feedback. Especially if you have some suggestions of products I must try!
If I could only pick two makeup products, one would definitely be mascara. It’s easy to use and helps make my eyes look alive after lack of sleep (blaming books, because it’s always books). Thus making for the perfect Face Off topic!
Maybelline | Great Lash Mascara
- America’s favorite mascara
- Conditions as it thickens
- No clumps, no globs
- Lash-doubling formula glides on smoothly to build great-looking lashes
- Contact lens safe
- Washable, available in Waterproof and Curved Brush
Why I like it: This had been my jam, I mean, MY JAM since I started wearing make up. It’s what my mom would wear (and I still think she does), so I never thought of switching. Obviously there’s some good to it, since I wore it for 15 years.
Why I don’t: While there’s nothing drastically wrong with it, there was never really any pizazz to it (can’t say I ever thought I’d use that word on the internet). Apparently nostalgia for makeup is a powerful thing. 😉
Mary Kay® | Ultimate Mascara
- This extremely volumizing, superthickening, all-in-one formula creates the look of big, bold, separated lashes that last all day.
- Flake-, clump- and smudge-resistant.
- Ophthalmologist-tested; suitable for contact lens wearers.
- Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy; suitable for sensitive eyes.
Why I like it: It’s pretty much amazing. It stays on and it makes your lashes pop. This is one of the first times in a while where I’ve noticed a drastic difference in a beauty product. I might need to test it against M.A.C. (which is the main place I go to for makeup), because I think it might beat out their mascara too.
Why I don’t: It costs a bit more than Maybelline. But when you sign up as a Mary Kay rep, you don’t have to worry about that as much ;).
This most definitely goes to Mary Kay® Ultimate Mascara!
Are y’all big mascara users? What’s your favorite kind?