Welcome to another edition of Friday Face Off! It’s a simple post comparing two products, some pros and cons and of course who wins! Hope you enjoy them and I’d love your feedback. Especially if you have some suggestions of products I must try!
Well, this was supposed to be posted last Friday. The only excuse I have is I 100% forgot. I woke up Friday morning, got ready for work, did some internet checking and thought…wait a second, I’m missing something…it’s always a good feeling when you completely forget something you wrote 87 notes to do. Moving on!
Today’s face off is inspired by an event from not to long ago. I ran out of face moisturizer and thought I had a back up, but didn’t. So in an act of utter desperation I used normal skin lotion for my face.
All day I was competing with the sun as to who could shine the brightest. And I won. Let me assure you that has never happened again. I now make sure I have ample supply of face moisturizer. You know so I don’t SHINE LIKE THE STARS OF THE UNIVERSE by 8:02 a.m.
Mary Kay® | TimeWise® Age-Fighting Moisturizer
$24.00 / 3 ounces
- TimeWise® Age-Fighting Moisturizer is formulated with a patented† complex that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also contains a powerful antioxidant to help guard against free radical damage. Hydrates for up to 10 hours.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy.
- Oil- and fragrance-free. Hypoallergenic.
- Non-comedogenic (will not clog pores).
Why I like it: Providing two options (Oily/Combination & Normal/Dry), this is definitely worth trying if you are looking for a face wash and moisturizer. I used it for a few months this year (that’s another thing – you use so little each time, it last forever!) and it helped my skin look nice and healthy. It just didn’t stay that way.
Why I don’t: After a while, I noticed my skin wasn’t responding the same way. Blemishes would appear and my face would break out. That’s so much fun when you’re my age. Nothing like reliving high school. I’m not saying it’s totally the fault of the product, my skin has been a hot mess since I was a teenager, but it was enough for me to stop using it.
AVEENO® | Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer
$14.99 / 4 fl oz
- Prevents breakouts and helps clear up blemishes.
- This unique, skin-nourishing daily moisturizer harnesses the power of ACTIVE NATURALS® Total Soy Complex and salicylic acid to help clear up blemishes and improve the health of your complexion.
- This oil-free formula, with a proven acne-fighting ingredient, clears and helps prevent breakouts, and helps even out skin tone.
- Oil free, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, and gentle enough to use every day.
Why I like it: This has been a faithful companion for at least a decade. Even when I ventured off to try new ones, AVEENO® has always been there waiting for my return ;). It keeps my face fresh and doesn’t feel too heavy or anything like that on my face.
Why I don’t: There’s nothing really to add to this one. It is a bit more pricey for Target type shopping, but it lasts a long time and is worth it.
Who wins this Face Off?
My skin doesn’t lie and is at it’s best when I use AVEENO®. 🙂
How about you readers? What’s one of your favorite moisturizers? I’m always open to trying new ones, but glad to know there’s one I can always trust as well.