Hi! Right now I’m in a lists kinda mood, so here’s a list.
- Talk about pressure! How do I start this list? Something funny? Something serious?? Something deep and profound? How about I just talk about how nervous it makes me?
- I didn’t know how much I could love and adore another human being until my nieces and nephew entered this world. Yes, they are the cutest girls and boy in the universe.
- I’ve been asked if the youngest is my daughter. 🙂
- I talk with my hands. A lot.
- I live in
TexasColorado, which is a short 1,3001,072 miles from the rest of my fam. I love where I’m at, but wish they were closer.
- I write another blog I love. It’s called Books and Beverages and if you like either of those, please come over and stay awhile!
- In a past life I was a wedding photographer, but I focus on fine art and travel photography these days.
- I have a cat. I have no shame in how much I love said fat cat.
- I really want a dog too. A husky in fact.
- As you might have noticed from the picture, I’m a Lakers fan. I also love the Saints and FC Barcelona. Only one of those three teams is actually doing good right now though, so it’s been painful.
- I heart Jesus a whole lot.
I follow an absurd amount of animal Instagram accounts and I ain’t even mad about it. It’s safe to say about 65% of them are huskies accounts.
- I work for Penguin Random House and it is the best job ever. I’m still shocked I get to work with books for a living.
- I’m a wannabe Inkling.
- I hate scary things, but have a minor obsession with a show about zombies.
- I love to travel and do any chance I get.
- I’m an introvert (but with people I know, not at all) and if I’m by myself with lots of new people, I’m quiet as a mouse because STRANGER DANGER IS REAL INTERNET.
- I might be one of the few souls who has never stopped loving Twinkies. I don’t care what they are made of.
- I cry watching cartoons. Thanks Pixar and Disney!
- My parents inspire me. While my plans to get them to move to Texas failed before they even started, I try and get them to visit their youngest child as often as possible. While Austin had food to bribe them with, Colorado bribes them with gorgeous views!
Oh and my blog title? A play on Proverbs 31:25: “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”
If you want to shoot me an email, you can find me at shelaughswithdignity (at) gmail.com. I love suggestions, comments and ideas!
Here’s a few popular posts to start with: